Media round-up: Monday, 28th November featuring Tevez, de Jong and Kolo Toure

By Ric Turner, Mon 28 November 2011 09:20


Media round-up: Monday, 28th November featuring Tevez, de Jong and Kolo Toure

The Daily Mail report that Italian Serie A side Juventus have pulled out of a move to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. "Tevez is a player that doesn't interest us," Juve sporting director Giuseppe Marotta said. "Absolutely not, we're not interested. If we were to make an attacking signing we'll stay calm and evaluate what to do."

Meanwhile, should Tevez leave as expected, City boss Roberto Mancini does not feel he needs to replace the Argentina international in the transfer window. The club had been linked with Napoli duo Edison Cavani and Ezequeil Lavezzi, but Mancini played down the rumours. He said: “Another striker? No. I have three strikers. That’s enough. We also have three or four players who can play like a second striker. I think Cavani and Lavezzi are strong players. But they play for Napoli at this moment. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future.”

Arsenal are planning a double raid on City for Kolo Toure and Nigel de Jong, according to the Metro. They claim Arsene Wenger is ready to offer £15m for the pair.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information