Bet Tips and Prediction: Why FA Cup Final vs Watford May Be an Easy Win for Manchester City
By Guest writer, Fri 10 May 2019 13:43
Manchester City moved past Brighton with a 1-0 win on 6th April to secure a spot in the FA Cup. Gabriel Jesus stepped into Sergio Aguero’s shoes and put the blues up with one goal, four minutes into the game. The goal eventually was what Manchester City needed to edge past Brighton.
Watford, on the own end, rose from 2 goals down to beat Wolves 3-2 in a heated match that saw both teams playing extra time. Goals from Gerard Deulofeu and Troy Deeney cancelled out Wolves early lead in normal play time while a 104th dramatic goal from Deulofeu sent Watford through. This will be Watford’s first FA Cup final since 1984.
Manchester City will take on Watford at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 18th May by 5pm. For most sports betting fans, this is a huge opportunity to make the most out of the game and win big. While football pulls up unexpected surprises on us every now and then, the game seems like a sure bet with a pre-determined winner.
It is no surprise that most bookmakers offer low odds for a Manchester City win. Punters who will bet on City to lift the Cup will need the cumulative odds of acca bets and JohnSlot Bonuses to win big online. That notwithstanding, Watford can still steal a surprise win on the 18th which means match result bets on the Hornets will be huge.
Here are some interesting FA facts to take note ahead of the match.
- The last time Watford qualified for the FA Cup Final was in 1984, which was their second time of doing so in history.
- Watford last win at Wembley before the match against Wolves was in May 1999 when they beat Bolton Wanderers to scale through to the play-off finals. Altogether, Watford has only won one out of all six games played at Wembley.
- Watford so far have won 20 games in all competitions this season. This is their best run in a single campaign and in the top-flight league since 1987.
- With the win against Brighton, Manchester City have qualified for eleven FA Cup finals and their first since 2013.
- Manchester City have 20 goals already in the FA Cup this season. No team has achieved this in the competition in a single season since 2011/2012 (Chelsea).
- Man City has only conceded just one goal in their last six games at Wembley. They were unbeaten in those games, winning five and drawing one.
- Pep Guardiola is the first English side manager in eight years to reach the finals of both major domestic cups in the same season. The last manager to achieve this feat was Kenny Dalglish in 2011/2012 with Liverpool.
These facts prove that the game will definitely be an interesting one. The Hornets are arguably at their best in a long while and Manchester City has had an exciting season so far.
Head to head, Manchester City and Watford have met six times in the competition, with the Blues losing only once to the Hornets and securing three well-deserved wins.
In all competitions, City are unbeaten against Watford in the last 15 games. The Blues won 13 of those games and drew two, pulling a total goal count of 41 against 6 for the Hornets.
A better prediction will be made, perhaps, when you consider their head to head stats this season. Both teams have met twice in the Premier League this season, with City winning both matches comfortably. There’s a pretty good chance the same will happen again when these two teams meet at Wembley on the 18th.